Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Sunday, December 19, 2010

No Greater Love


I have new family this year - the people of Bethesda Community Church, a small church  of about 60 people who have shown me so much love without any strings attached, who demonstrate agape love endlessly because God taught them to do so.  They are truly the arms and legs of Jesus and are teaching me how to love others and myself in the same way.  Thank you, Bethesda!

The only other person who has shown me that sort of love is my dear friend, Julie Harris - someone who loves me unconditionally, repeatedly, and unabashedly just because I am.  She, too, knows God's grace.  She, too, has shared all she has with me and has never kept score.  I am honored she is my friend and my family as well.

As I prepare to see my biological family in a few days, I pray these powerful lessons of love given to me by both Julie and by Bethesda are well learned.  I choose to share the same sort of kindness on my trip,  pay it forward when I go home for the first time in ten years.  Butterflies?  A few, but I have never felt so whole, so complete in my 43 years of existence.  I feel ready to visit once again.  Why, because of God's Grace.  How appropriate!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your trip home after all these years. I hope it exceeds your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think finding a church you truly feel loved in is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!