Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Carols 2010 Style

My friend Jules wrote on her blog about creating new words for Christmas carols that were more befitting for Arizona, due to its weather challenged location when it comes to snow, sleighs, etc..  Sounds like fun, so here are my efforts. 



(Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells)
Credit Cards


Crawling on I-10
In an overheated car
Looking for the mall
So many miles afar.

 
Find a parking spot
Out past the man-made snow
Now I have to walk four miles
before I spend my dough!

 
Oh credit cards, credit cards
Please let your limits hold
so I can buy ties for Dad
For Mom, a ring of gold.


Credit cards, credit cards,
Keep your magnetic grip
Slide through machines easily
So I can shorten this trip.

 
All my presents bought
Wrapped beneath the fake, pre-lit, manufactured, really, really expensive Lowe's bought tree,
The family screaming epithets
at bad calls  and referees

 
The presents have been opened
Wrapping paper strewn about
When that first bill comes in the mail
I hope I don't pass out --

 
OHHH credit cards, credit cards
Time to pay you back
Guess I'm back to rice and beans
To get my budget back on track


Credit cards, credit cards,
I'm done using you,  I swear
Oh wait a sec - look- on sale -
Christmas underwear!



Thank you, Jules, for being my muse for this piece.  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!