Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simple Serenity

Today is an amazing day.  Not because anything extraordinary has occurred, but probably because the pleasures today has offered are so beautifully simplistic, so basic, and that makes them all the more powerful.  This sunflower picture greeted me as I opened my e-mail today, so amazing I simply have to share it with any blog wanderers out there.  To see a field of sunflowers following the sun like a compass points out an intended path is astounding yet such a simple way to cause the heart to flutter just a bit.

I spent the morning in prayer as the pastor today ministered to those in need.  At our church the person comes to the front, shares his or her need with the pastor.  He then anoints the person's forehead with oil as he begins to pray.  As this happens, the elders in the church lay their hands on the person in need and the congregation stretches their hands forward.  I used to be so uncomfortable when this was done...that the entire congregatoin had blown a fuse right then and there.  But now?  Now, I see this routine as a way to bond with others in the church, a way to allow God to move through the congregation - not any voodoo weird stuff - but the positive energy or feelings.  I think this is what allows God a direct path to this individual.  I always pray "May your will be done" as God may not do what we expect. But my spiritual "jump off the cliff and let God catch me" attitude know that God's way will yield surprising results IF we do it his way.

Yes, simple.  I like that.  I feel safe, secure, at peace.  No major up, no major down....I am, in the words of Nacie Atwell, "In the Middle".  I taught the students at Sunday school today, Our number went from two students to five.  The kids were receptive and oh so enjoyable. The class went smoothly, calmly, successfuly.

I came home.  Simple.

I worked on the yard.  Simple.

Now I am going to keep a nap.  Simple.  What a perfect Sunday!

1 comment:

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!