Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Saturday, July 24, 2010

Catnap Fever

Cats have a way of making anybody want to nap.  Look at these two hams, for instance.  How in the world could you pass Elvis and Trish here without wanting to snuggle up and enjoy all that Mr. Sandman has to offer.  Because you feed and water them, they provide the perfect excuse for frequent napping. "Oh, I saw Elvis napping, and he forced me to lie down and nap, too" -  as if he has some sort of hypnotic power emanating from his limp, comatose body.  After looking at a cat as it sleepily dangles its head upside down off the couch or place his or her forehead facedown on the fireplace mantle, who could refute such clear logic?



I think what amazes me most about cats is their ability to sleep just about anywhere and make it look like the world's most comfortable spot ever.  Look at my cat Trish, for example.  She makes the gravel drive out front look like it is as soft as goose down pillows!  I have been tempted to see if the gravel is as comfortable as she makes it out to be, but as soon as a pebble sticks me in the knee, I decide she can have the gravel....I will stick with my Select Comfort set at 55.

Cats have the uncanny ability to drop and sleep whenever the urge strikes them, as if they suffer from narcolepsy and have absolutely no choice in the matter.  Let's be grateful they don't drive cars.  We would all have to fear for our lives because Tom or Tabby simply couldn't keep his or her eyes open another second.  I can see the headlines now:  Fiat Driving Feline Flips Car on the Freeway. 

There would undoubtedly be angry citizens beating down the doors of City Halls across the country demanding that cats be refused driver's licences.  Signs would accompany the protestors saying things like "Pet Tags, not Car Tags" or "Flea the Feline!"  Angry drivers aim for cats out for an evening stroll, even if they used the crosswalk.  When arrested, the offenders would simply say, "I fell asleep; I needed a catnap.  The cat made the crosswalk look so comfortable."


Well, all this typing has made me tired, especially because Trish is napping on my desk calendar right now, and making it look quite comfortable, I might add.  I think I will go take a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Every one of your blog posts is ending in a nap these days. You're making me sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun read this morning, thanks again for the laughter.

    ReplyDelete

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!