Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lowes...A Heavenly Experience


Last night I went to Lowe's.  I had to buy a new mop as my old one rusted to the point where the mop head broke off.  Of course, you just can't wander through Lowe's and buy only a mop.  It is almost as if an angelic choir starts singing when I enter that store.  I lose myself in the infinite possiblities of what could be.  Case in point.  I HATED my light fixtures in the kitchen and the bathroom.  They reminded of something from the 1950's and were definitely all about practicality and nothing about beauty.  In fact, you can still buy the same kind for about 10 bucks at Lowe's (I found that out yesterday).  I decided it was tim to update the kitchen a little more by changing out the light fixture.  I wanted to get something that had the same circular mounting as the paintjob underneath that was non-existent and I didn't want to have to haul out the paint again.  There, on a shelf at the end of the light aisle was a BARGAIN.  Two modern nickel plated light fixtures for $20.00.  Wow.  Now how in the world could I pass that up.  In short, I couldn't.  So $124.00 later I took my light fixtures, new eco friendly 60 watt bulbs, white semi-glos paint and paintbrushes, and my ortho pesticide sprayer and headed to my car. 

I got up this morning with a mission.  While I had never done any work electrically of any kind, I figured it was like anything else.  Read the directions.  Well, apparently that can be a good way to do home repair sometimes because in about an hour I had hooked up two new light fixtures.  They work when I flip the switch, and I made sure to connect the grounding wire to the appropriate screw.  It didn't seem very hard and I think I did a better job than the people who put in the last lights.  At least I hope so, I don't want to flip on lights and have the place burn down like the garage almost did.  Anyway, here is the before and the after, and a picture of the bathroom.  Trust the bathroom is much better now!  The old light didn't even have a cover on it and it look down right decrepit.

So my DIY days continue as I enjoy the summer.  I am seriously getting a kick out of these improvements.  I hope I feel the same way when I get next month's Lowe's credit card bill!

1 comment:

  1. Fixin stuff just makes ya feels great doesnt it.
    Old Hippy

    ReplyDelete

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!