Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday School Teacher Debut

I taught Sunday School today.  My class was very small this July 4th, two boys - one 7th grader and one 8th grader.  They had so much energy but were very cool to talk with, and I really had a good time.  I connected with one a little more than the other as he actually stayed sat for longer than 30 seconds and seemed able to hold a short conversation.  He showed me those new sillybandz that kids are wearing on their wrists that will turn into different shapes.  They are pretty fun and I am thinking of buying a bunch as prizes for kids in Sunday School and in regular school.  They are all the rage right now, and I want to get all the mileage I can from them before they get banned like all cool stuff does from school!

The other boy had so much energy that I thought about changing my lesson to "Run Around the Church Building to Show How Much You Love God".  Something tells me he would still be running!  He wanted to show me every five seconds how he could become a human pretzel.  I do believe his calling may be a yoga instructor.  It was fun watching and listening to these two boys, and I really like the fact I am getting a chance to connect with the youth at my church. 

I had those same teaching butterflies (along with a good bout of acid reflux)  last night and probably slept a total of four hours.  Tim called at 8:30 for our devotional this morning.  Thank goodness he did because I had fallen soundly asleep and probably would have slept beyond a time that would have allowed me to get ready for church.  That would not be good - to miss your first day.  Awkward...

The time really did seem to fly by with those kids, so I am so glad I had a chance to serve God today in this capacity.  I will probably try to incorporate some skits as these two kids would have probably really enjoyed creating and sharing them.  I will be teaching the Sunday after next, and I am excited about the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!