Quote of the day, week, month - or whenever I get around to changing it --

I need to get laid - Vickie Moriarity





Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Bitchy Waiter

I have to recommend wholeheartedly the blog "The Bitchy Waiter"!  I read his/her recycled blog post from earlier and laughed until my sides hurt.  Maybe it was so ridiculously funny because I spent 10 years waiting tables to get through college...yes it took me 10 years to get my bachelor's degree.  I may be slow, but I am determined.  Had to be to wait tables all that time.  I actually credit those years with many of my current neuroses as well as my foot problems. 

To this day, if one of my students shouts "Hey" and snaps his or her fingers at me, I fly into a tirade that clearly leaves them shaken.  "My name isn't "HEY".  It's Mrs. Moriarity, Mrs. Mort, Mrs. M...if you want, but it isn't HEY.  You don't get to snap your fingers at me and make demands.  That stopped years ago when I turned in my Coco's patchwork quilt skirt and maroon apron.  Address me with respect and I won't bother you when you are trying to impress that girl or guy from afar!"

Yes, I tend to get a little heated.  I then, later, have to make the apology.  I explain all the years of waiting tables, how it leaves you a bit testy about being ordered around, and we did a quick life lesson on proper restaurant etiquette.  Now mind you, in this part of Kentucky, that isn't too much concern as the only restaurants most of my kids visit on a regular basis is Mickey D's, Dairy Queen, or one of two pizza joints.  If they want to really live it up, they might get to go to Appleby's in my town, Mt. Sterling.  One day, I would really love to take kids to a really nice restaurant.  What a fabulous opportunity.  Can you imagine several of my brightest and best at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?  What an incredible opportunity...Hmmm....one day I may find a way. 

Anyway, go check out the Bitchy Waiter.  It is well worth your time!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I AGREE! Great writer & love his blogs! two-thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete

I value your thoughts...Please say hello!